Feel free to link back to my blog. You may also use my pictures as long as you give me credit. Please don't use pictures of my kids. They're all mine!



Wednesday, November 9, 2011

What I've been making...

...and it's not quilts!


Monday night I made the most delicious chocolate sheet cake from The Pioneer Woman Cooks. I'm sure most fellow bloggers out there know about Ree Drummond and her accidental country life. I've made the sheet cake from her cookbook once before, and it was good. I used a different icing recipe the first time though. It was a buttercream recipe from her website. I've actually tried many buttercream recipes over the years, and I'm just not a very good buttercream maker. I can't get the salt/sugar ratio quite right. This time, I went ahead and made the chocolate frosting that the cookbook says to use, and it is D-I-V-I-N-E. I can feel the pounds adding up, and they are worth every one.



Photo by Ree Drummond.


Try it today, and you'll thank me, and then probably curse me.


I'm trying out a new slow cooker beef stew recipe tonight, and I'll share it later if it turns out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment