Feel free to link back to my blog. You may also use my pictures as long as you give me credit. Please don't use pictures of my kids. They're all mine!



Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Quilts for Kids

Photo from Quilts for Kids.

Have you heard of this great organization?  Quilts for Kids wants and needs your help! 

From their website:
"Quilts for Kids, Inc. transforms discontinued, unwanted and other fabrics into quilts that comfort children fighting a life battle with a serious illness such as cancer, AIDS, as well as children of abuse. Our goal is to link design centers and other fabric sources nationwide to their communities, so that children in need in those regions may be served."

I have a kit that I have been working on for WAY too long, so I am bumping it to the top of my to do list.  I want to get mine in the mail this month, so that hopefully it will make it to its recipient by Christmas.  The kit I received is for a four-patch quilt like the one pictured.

You have the option of requesting a quilt kit (where they send you fabric and a pattern), downloading a pattern and using your own fabric, or designing the whole thing yourself.  It seems the greatest need right now is for quilts for teenage boys, which should be approximately 38" x 45".  I am sure any size would be appreciated though.

No comments:

Post a Comment