Feel free to link back to my blog. You may also use my pictures as long as you give me credit. Please don't use pictures of my kids. They're all mine!



Monday, November 14, 2011

Chicken Corn Chowder

I feel the need to share one more recipe, and then I promise to try and post a little about quilting.  I made this soup last night, for probably the 10th time, and it is still one of my favorites.  I got the original recipe from and online friend, and made just a couple of tweaks to it.  Here's the final version.

Chicken Corn Chowder
1 lb. diced chicken breast
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. butter
Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning, to taste
1 large onion, chopped
4 stalks celery, chopped
16 oz. chicken broth
2 cans cream of potato soup
14 oz can whole kernel corn, drained
1 cup milk
2 cups cheddar cheese, grated

Drizzle chicken with olive oil, and then season liberally with Creole seasoning. Toss to coat. In a large stock pot, melt butter over medium-high heat. Brown chicken in butter in stockpot. Once brown on all sides, add onion and celery and sauté about 5 minutes. Add chicken broth (just enough to cover chicken and veggies) and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer. Cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cook uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.

Let me know if you decide to try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment