Feel free to link back to my blog. You may also use my pictures as long as you give me credit. Please don't use pictures of my kids. They're all mine!



Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A sweet little pillow.

I made my son a pillow for daycare a while back, but somehow the pillow and the case were lost. I secretly think someone thought it was so cute that they must have it for themself. So I made him another one, and I love it even more than the first!

I used a great tutorial that Ariel has on her blog. I think I made the top fabric a little taller, just because I love that farm animal print. I learned a few tips the first time I made it, so the second one is a little better. First, I put his name on both the case and the pillow! I sewed in a name label like I use for his clothes. I also made sure to zig-zag stitch the hem of the envelope closure, just like the tutorial says to do. I have no idea why I didn't do that the first time. Finally, I use pinking shears to trim the seam allowance after it was all sewn. The first one had lots of fraying after just a couple of washes.
Here it is!
And just for kicks - The original.

No comments:

Post a Comment