Feel free to link back to my blog. You may also use my pictures as long as you give me credit. Please don't use pictures of my kids. They're all mine!



Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My First Quilt

For my very first quilt, I followed Alissa's Doll Quilt Tutorial on the Sew Mama Sew blog. Now, seeing as how I have two boys, I didn't really have a doll in mind. But it's getting plenty of use. Here's the color scheme:



And here it is all cut and layed out:





The colors were a little wild, but I just bought some random cheap fat quarters since it was my first quilt. My baby loves it! It makes an excellent lovey for him, and I think the color brightness and contrast is what makes it the best for him. Here it is all finished up:




I think a few more of these are in my future for loveys for my kids as well as gifts. I defintely recommend this tutorial to anyone starting out with quilting. It was very easy to follow and I love the result!

No comments:

Post a Comment