Feel free to link back to my blog. You may also use my pictures as long as you give me credit. Please don't use pictures of my kids. They're all mine!



Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Starting Out

This Katie Jump Rope fabric is some of the first fabric I bought when I started quilting a little over a year ago. I recently purchased some more, but it was much harder to find now! I had no idea that it would be so popular back when I first bought it. I had a pattern in mind that I was going to use it for, but I wanted to work on my skills before cutting into it. Then life stepped in, and I was too busy for quilting for several months.
Last week I finally cut into it though, and I'm loving the look of the string blocks. You're probably thinking that I still look like a beginner, but I promise I'm much better than I was when I first started! I sort of blended tutorials from Ashley and Rachel to make these blocks.I was waiting for some more fabric to have a bigger variety in my blocks, so I only have three done so far. I love the looks of them though, so much that this is what I am sending out this month for one of my quilting bees. I still need to make several myself though, because I want this to be my biggest quilt to date.

I hope to have more to share soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment